Monday, October 4, 2010

Friendship

As time goes by we make new friends, and hopefully (like the song) keep the old... I feel like I am constantly learning how to be a good friend. I'm not the one that calls you everyday (but when I do we pickup right where we left off),  or offers to take care of your dog when you leave town (or cat or kid), but I do know this, I will always give you love, honesty, trustworthiness, loyalty, and show up at the club for your bday party even though I'm already cozy in my bed. Its such a small gesture that can go a long way for someone. How hard is it to take an hour out of my night to show up to an overly crowded overly egoed club to say hello and shake it a bit? Not so bad and knowing that small things make a difference then I'm down to do it (except when the sitter falls through).  A wise old man told me "small things turn into great things". My small thing was turned into a "great" emotion of happiness and value for the other person. Happy birthday Jerry Lorenzo!!! I know friendship has a lot more involved but this was one gem I found...
TE

http://jerrylorenzo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment